I made this pizza again last night. I bought the ingredients a few days before, but then had to wait… and wait… for it to be cool enough to heat the oven at 450 degrees.
In the spirit of summer, avoiding the oven, and because I just took a fantastic blog class from them, I’d like to share one of my favorite salad recipes from the girls at We Are Not Martha. It’s cool… it’s refreshing… it’s got veggies… it’s got carbs… it’s got protein… what more could you want?!
Yields 8 cups.
- 1 cup dry couscous cooked according to box (if you get the 5.8 oz box that’s exactly what’s in there, I just usually buy mine in bulk)
- 5 oz. bag baby arugula, chopped
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled silken tofu (yea… I often pretend tofu is feta haha. tofu of course tastes like nothing, but the look and texture is very similar)
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 3 limes
Mix all of the ingredients together in a very large bowl. That’s it! I prefer mine to be chilled for an hour but it tastes great as is too.
To be fair, the chopping takes a little bit of time. My goal for this year is to be a better chopper. I feel like my time in the kitchen could be cut in half with an efficient flick of the wrist. Wonder if there’s a class for that =)