I’ve been on a soup kick lately. I stumbled upon SoupChick’s blog (a blog just about soups!) looking for new recipes. At first I thought, how can someone eat that much soup? But living through this chilly New England winter, I’m starting to think it’s not such a bad idea. Also she wasn’t lying when she called it quick and easy. WIN!
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 1 slice ginger root, 1/4-in. thick, peeled but whole
- 3 scallions, sliced and separated
- 1 head baby bok choy, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 1 T Chinese rice cooking wine
- 2 T soy sauce
- 16 oz. frozen Chinese dumplings (the whole bag!)
In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock, ginger root, 2 of the scallions, rice wine, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the frozen dumplings, and when the soup starts boiling again reduce heat to simmer for 5 more minutes. Divide evenly into bowls. Sprinkle remaining scallions to garnish.